It has been too long since I drew something for this blog.
I love how the angle of her head just makes this picture. She just looks sort of evil here…like she belongs in a gang or something and is just not amused. Like…”Yea? So what, you’re the Avatar? I’m Asami and I’m a BAMF.”
What could have been. :[
The feels…the feels…this is not okay…
I wish we had an idea of when Korra would be starting back up. I’ve heard January, March, and July… And all of a sudden I keep seeing ATLA on tv and all kinds of Avatar related stuff, so I’m getting excited like, “IS IT COMING UP SOON?” And then I look to see if I can find any information…and get the same thing “January, March…or July.”
So basically…with no estimated date…I’m just kinda like…
It’s okay Korra fans…it’ll come…someday…
I’m looking for some really good art tutorials. If anyone knows of any good tumblr accounts/blogs/whatever I can follow, could you please link me or give me a name to look for? Thank you very much! I really want to get back into drawing.
I saw a drawing with Mako and Bolin’s parents today. They had the father as a earthbender and the mother as a firebender, which kind of threw me off considering Mako’s scarf belonged to his father, which was red, and for some reason always made me assume he was the firebender. Now the question that bothered me for all of the first season is back…Who was the firebender and who was the earthbender? >.<
Man, I’m actually glad I missed the season finale earlier today. You know why? Commercials would’ve been absolutely painful to watch with all that epic action going on!
And, I don’t want to write out a full analysis of the two episodes…soooo…let me sum it up in a few bullets (And because this is tagged Makorra and I want my point to be read…#2):
1. Korra, you’re a BAMF and I love that you finally got to go into the Avatar State. The fact that it happened with Aang returning your bending was honestly better than what I expected, which was what most people expected would happen when Amon was taking her bending.
2. Makorra is adorable. I’m going to assume that Masami ended off screen, because honestly it would’ve been oddly placed. And to all the people saying “I love you” wasn’t warranted and that they barely did things together. Umm…they probended together, therefore training sessions were spent together, they lived together, therefore regular activities were done together…and Korra is shorter than ATLA, so they have to stay as on the plot as possible. They don’t have time to sit there and show those scenes. The development was implied to have happened off screen. It was the same with Masami, which what we saw on screen for that was even less developed than Makorra. “Oh, let me hit you, go on a date with you, sponsor you, and gross Korra out by eskimo kissing. Btdubs guys, we’re dating.” It was implied. And I thank Bryke for that, because it would’ve been boring to watch them get together. AND NO. That was not Asami hate…which leads me to…
3. Asami is a BAMF as well. I honestly was under the impression that she was boring at first. But you know what? She’s strong and a quick thinker. Being able to go against her father…that takes some real strength. I love Bryke for making such strong females in both Korra and ATLA. And I felt bad for Asami when her father was about ready to kill her. I almost cried.
4. Mako, you’re amazing. To be able to break free from Amon’s bloodbending…my god. If that doesn’t show how much you love Korra, I don’t know what does…and fire benders were always my favorite, so that was amazing to watch.
5. Dafuq. Tarrlok’s story was sad. Really sad. I did cry a bit during that part. And I kept going (“But bloodbending the Avatar is fine.” xD But he apologized, so that’s okay.)
6. Bolin, you and Lin (and Toph) make earth bending look so exciting. I must say, the Asami rescue was my favorite part. I had chills because the funny guy act was replaced with seriousness that made me go, “I can see why you and Mako are related.” I hope Bosami becomes a thing… (Also, the brohug made me happy).
7. WHEN THE LITTLE AIRBABIES WERE ON THE STAGE (and Tenzin) I WAS LIKE “YOU’RE A MONSTER!” I’m so glad they were saved. I would’ve cried like a baby otherwise.
8. Lin getting her bending back…god, it looked like she was being knighted. I loved it. I hope we see more of her. <333
9. I loved the ending, right after Korra ran out of the temple…it was just great. And I do think what Tarrlok did was justified. Amon ruined lives, deceived people, and honestly, I feel it was slightly a bit of resentment on Tarrlok’s part for his bending being taken away.
Or Earthbending….because I’m trying to draw her and want to do it some justice. Although I’m sure I’ll get frustrated halfway through. >.< BUT! If anyone has anything they think would be useful, please send a reply. :3
Someone else took a screen shot at just about the same time and was like “Hurrah! Makorra!” Since it was super blurry, I decided, “I’m going to go watch the promo for episode 10 myself.” And this is what came of it:
But yea. Aside from them becoming one. His arms are around her. That was really all I wanted to be sure of. xD
But…yea hands aren’t important in LoK. xD (Which honestly, with the quality of the rest of the art. No, they aren’t. They could be blocks and it would still be great!)
Quick rule 63 Makorra for me before I buckle down and get to those commissions :)
Speaking of the Makorra last episode, you didn’t have to push Lin out of the way just so you could carry her, Mako :P How rude.
I love seeing these and hope you do more! (Let alone see this. Man do you have a lot going on on your tumblr, lol). Rule 63 amuses me for some reason…and someone I followed posted this and I decided, “going to find the artist, because I’ve seen this line work before.” You are amazing!
I have to stay off Tumblr until I am able to watch the season finale or I will be spoiled beyond belief. I made a comment yesterday to someone that I was glad my graduation was on what I thought would be the week before the season finale…and then BAM this morning, awesome preview for the finale and “June 23rd~”
I just really like being able to see season finales as they premiere. I guess the good thing about watching it later is no commercials and “whoa, what just happened? Rewind!” Soo, not that big of a deal. I’ve been waiting for graduation day far longer than for this, so honestly, it’ll just end up being a really awesome day (just filled with a lot of waiting for Korra and because my last name is at the end of the alphabet~):
1. Done with high school for real. (Lol, that makes it sound like I failed a grade. I mean, since my last day happened already, this is the final step to actually being done.)
2. Awesome finale, because c’mon, it’s Bryke, we already know it’s going to be awesome.
3. Going on tumblr after all of it and looking at all the reactions/art/recaps.